Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
If you need us before or after our regular office hours due to an emergency situation, please call 911. If you need us for a non-urgent matter that does require after hours attention, please call our office at (850) 862-3194 and be connected to the on call physician.
Make an Appointment
Patients are seen by appointment – on the same day the appointment is made if possible. To schedule an appointment, please call (850) 862-3194 during regular business hours.
Please call in advance for office visits. Make follow-up appointments as you leave. We make every effort to stay on schedule although emergencies do arise. If we are seriously delayed, we attempt to notify patients beforehand.
Or request an appointment via our online scheduling tool
Schedule your next visit online.
New patients are asked to arrive 15 minutes early to complete paperwork. You can download, print, and complete the forms prior to your appointment. Please bring the completed forms, a list of all medications you are currently taking, recent copies of x-rays, lab results and your insurance card to your appointment.
We require payment of your co-payment and past-due account balances at the time of service. We accept payment in the form of cash as well as VISA, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
Unless arrangements have been made in advance, co-payments, co-insurance, and any outstanding balances are expected at the time of service. Patients may be financially responsible for payment of all services if their insurance company does not pay. Patient accounts not paid promptly are subject to third party collections and/or legal procedures. Any check returned from the bank will result in an additional ($20.00) charge that will appear on your account.
If we are not participating providers with your plan, we will provide you with a receipt for you to file with your insurance company. If your insurance carrier has not responded to a claim within 90 days, we reserve the right to formally transfer all associated liability for the claim to the patient/guarantor. Failure to promptly resolve this balance may result in third party collection and/or legal procedures be taken. Please keep a close watch for carrier claim payment and contact the insurance carrier or a clinic patient accounts representative at (850) 862-3194 in the event a claim is not resolved within 60 days from the date of service.
We realize that emergencies do arise that may affect timely payment of your account. If such extreme cases do occur, please contact a patient accounts representative at (850) 862-3194. Please always notify our office of any change in name, address, phone or insurance information.
We will submit claims to most major insurance carriers. Please bring your insurance card and I.D. with you to every visit so we can ensure that our records are accurate.
We recommend that you call your insurance company to verify that we participate with your plan.
Please notify us if you have any change in your name, phone number, address, or insurance as soon as it occurs. And please be prepared to present your insurance card at every visit.
Prior to your appointment, please check your insurance information so you will be informed about referrals, co-payments, and any deductible required at the time of the visit.
We accept Medicare as well as most insurers, however, please review all insurance information with our staff prior to services being rendered. Your health insurance contract is between you and your insurance company. Any complaints regarding your coverage should be directed to your carrier.
Please allow 48 hours for referral processing. If you are being referred, please be sure to bring the referral with you at the time of office check-in.
Cancellations or Rescheduling
To better serve the needs of all our patients, we ask that you call at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule appointments. We make every effort to stay on schedule, although emergencies arise.
We are happy to help with refill requests during regular office hours, so please call us at (850) 862-3194 to let us know what you need.
Call (850) 862-3194 during regular business hours for test results.
What Do We Need From You?
- Please inform our staff of any pertinent changes to your insurance, employment, demographic information, or relationships with other care/service givers.
- Arrive on time for scheduled appointments and cancel when necessary with a phone call.
- Provide payment within 90 days for services requested and delivered by the Northwest Florida Heart Institute but not covered by insurance.
- Notify our office of any change in your health status.
- Follow the recommended treatment plan and inform us of any physical or mental impairment requiring special accommodation.
- Ask questions if directions and procedures are not understood.
What Should You Expect From Us?
- To be treated with respect, dignity, and to be informed of your care needs to make appropriate decisions.
- Help plan your care and make changes to it.
- Expect that teaching materials will be provided in a manner you can understand.
- To be informed of our billing process at Northwest Florida Heart Institute.
- To have your records kept confidential except when consent has been given.
- To expect services to be professional, timely and appropriate.
- To communicate your complaints to our Practice Manager, and expect to receive follow-up without negative repercussions or changes in service.
- To receive care without discrimination due to race, religion, age, sex, disability, or ethnic origin.
After-Hours & Emergencies
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911. However, if you need after-hours advice for a medical concern, please call (850) 862-3194 and our answering service will assist you.